Parents can get up to speed on Snapchat and Instagram – 2 of the main apps and networks your kids are using
Are you involved in a parent group or do you organise education and training for parents? If so, this workshop will definitely be of interest to the parents.
Parents want to protect their kids and advise them on what they need to look out for and what they should avoid doing. However, when it comes to the digital world, most parents today find that advising on internet safety for kids is almost impossible because the kids know more about Instagram, Snapchat, Ask.fm, Twitter and smartphones than they do.
In this workshop parents learn what they need to know about Snapchat and Instagram
This is available as a 3 hour workshop. In a workshop the participants interact with online social networks and apps.
You will receive a soft copy of very detailed course notes (60 pages)
A parent’s guide to Snapchat
How to use Snapchat as a parent
An overview of Snapchat – what is it, how do kids use it and what are the risks?
The specifics of what parents need to do to advise their child
- How to install Snapchat.
- How to find friends on Snapchat.
- How to send a photo message.
- How to block people sending your child messages on Snapchat.
- How to monitor the photos your child is sending on Snapchat (if your child uses an Android phone).
A parent’s guide to Instagram
- What is Instagram?
- Why do kids love using it?
- What dangers should you be aware of as a parent such as bullying and damage to online reputation?
- How to Set up an Instagram Account.
- How to use Instagram.
- How your child can make their account Private.
- How your child can change their Password.
- How to Block and Unfollow a user.
- How to report content.
- How to untag yourself from an Instagram photo.
- How to find someone on Instagram.
- How to Post on Instagram.
- How to find and check your child’s profile on Instagram to see what she sharing.
- How to monitor what is being said about your child on social media.
- How to check who your child is following and what they are seeing.
- How to check who is following your child.
Following this workshop you will fully understand Snapchat and Instagram – how they work, how kids use them, the risks involved and what specific things you should do to advise and protect your kids.